Monday, January 30, 2012

Valentine's Present Anxiety

"Anxiety" is definitely an exaggeration. I am not at all anxious about shopping for a Valentine's Day present for Mr. Sturm. I know he will kindly accept anything I deem appropriate, or anything I end up haphazardly throwing together. So really, I'm not anxious about the purchasing, just the time I have to make said purchase. However "Valentine's Present Anxiety" sounds more interesting than "I'm ever-so-slightly Worried I may not have the Time I Want to Purchase and/or Create an Appropriate Valentine's Present". Wouldn't you agree?

I want to get something special, that ties in his personal interests, shows I put some thought into it, is something no one else will be getting for Valentine's Day, but isn't too ostentatious. Ideally, I would like to make him something, but with work, familial obligations, going to class, and doing homework that comes with that class, I worry I will not have time to finish.

On the off chance he has discovered this, I cannot list the things I am thinking of possibly making/purchasing/combining, but I've got a few half-cocked ideas up my sleeve. If you know me, though, you know that my idea of romance is not of the Hollywood-Movie-Romance genre. If someone loves me, they should show me EVERY day, not just on Valentine's Day. If I am special enough to take to a fancy dinner, we should do it because we want to, not because of social pressure to show that on one particular day of the year we get along real well. If someone wants to get me a present to show they've been thinking of me, I kind of want it as a surprise, not because, again, it is the social norm to give your sweetheart a gift on one particular day.

But, nonetheless, I am romantic enough. And I want to get/make him something special. If you have any ideas, feel free to shoot them my way. Otherwise, sorry for the rather dull post.

The wheels are already turning in my head.....

No comments:

Post a Comment