Thursday, April 26, 2012

9 Reasons I am an Honest-to-Goodness Adult

The fact that I need to write this to prove to myself and others that I am, in fact, a real, true, honest-to-goodness adult, should indicate to you that it has recently been implied or insinuated that I am not.

  1. I pay my bills, and I pay them on time.
  2.  I take care of myself, the cat, and the fish just fine. We all eat, live in mostly clean and orderly habitats (mine, partially shared with the cat, is the messiest), and are healthy.
  3. Despite the fact that I hate doctors, I schedule, attend, and pay for the various doctor appointments necessary.
  4. I have a real job with benefits, etc.
  5.  When I go grocery shopping, I don't just buy cookies, ice cream, and pizza. No, I cannot claim I do not have ice cream for breakfast occasionally, but for the most part, I try to eat real meals.
  6.  I have a savings account. This is not intended to one day pay for my undergraduate degree. What now?
  7.  I am comfortable doing things on my own, such as seeing a movie, going to an art show, attending a concert, etc. if that is what would make me happy at that particular time. Sometimes it is because no one else can or wants to go with me, and sometimes I go solo because I just want some time to do what I want to do at the speed I want to do it.
  8. Sometimes, other adults come to me for advice. Granted, it is almost exclusively regarding work, but that means I am at least viewed by some other adults as a professional, and professionals must be adults, right?
  9. Because I said so, and I am an adult!

No comments:

Post a Comment