Sunday, March 28, 2010

Progress Report 1 on Becoming a Dirty Dancer

As you may have read earlier, I have recently begun my journey to becoming a Dirty Dancer. No, I could never aspire to be Baby or Johnny/Swayze. I would be content at being as good as those crazy people in the background of the exercise video. The only thing I'll do different is wear real clothes (or at least my pajamas).

Now, granted, I took a weeks vacation to sunny Cozumel a mere one week into my new Dirty Dancing routine, but I am disappointed to say that I think I have not improved since day 2. Apparently, my learning curve starts out steep and plateaus rather quickly - or immediately.

I don't know if it is the super awesome Dirty Dancing exercise video or all the swimming and snorkeling I did last week, but I am beginning to feel better, and I swear the beginnings of the love handles are starting to dissipate, much to my relief. Unfortunately, at this point, I don't know if I should attribute it more to one activity or to the other. Or maybe I need to be Dirty Dancing AND snorkeling on alternative weeks. This could prove difficult/unpleasant given the current temperature of Minnesota lakes. Also, most of the lakes are muckier than the waters of the Carribean, so I don't know that it would be as visually appealing of an activity.

I think for now I will stick to continuing my failed attempts at the video. Maybe I just don't mesh with the peppy blond lady on the dvd. Maybe I should just skip the next level and find another one taught by that guy. Maybe my problem is that she keeps telling me to be sexy and improvise, and clearly I cannot improvise or even act sexy, let alone be sexy. If you were here, you'd hear me sigh.

If this tape fails me due to my lack of dance abilities, sexiness, and coordination, you'll see me next month out snorkeling in Schwartz Pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment