Wednesday, November 16, 2011

4th Graders Saving the Environment

I was recently grading the 4th grade Unit 1 science test about the environment, and I learned more correcting the tests than I did teaching and preparing. The unit was a hodge-podge of food webs, ecosystems, and pollution.

The second page of the test had only two questions on it. One asked students to list five serious threats to the environment, and the other question asked five ways to protect, preserve, or save the environment. The idea was that the number one item on the first list would correspond with the number one reason on the second, but I wasn't too picky about that.

Below are some of my favorite fourth grade ideas. Hopefully you enjoy them as much as I do.

Serious Threats to the Environment:
  • misqitos (mosquitos)
  • people stepping on plants
  • animals dying outside
  • You have to wear a mask in the street.

Ways to Preserve, Protect, or Save the Environment:
  • Don't kill bats.
  • Stop stepping on flowers.
  • No crashing boats.
  • Don't throw sugar in the water.
  • Die.

No comments:

Post a Comment