Thursday, December 15, 2011

How My Life is Perceived by 2nd Graders

My second grade students have been practicing the complex, plot-twist-filled, action packed play of "Ana and the Greedy Giant" in two small groups. I informed them today that I was going to try to borrow a camcorder or buy one tonight to record their performances tomorrow. Then I asked them, "Why do you think I want to record your performances?"

In his most sincere, loving way, one of my students raised his hands and said:

Well, Ms. McDougalhopper, you're not married. When you are old and alone some day in your home, you will want to watch the play and remember the students you used to love.

The answer I was looking for was something along the lines of, "So we can see ourselves perform", "to compare the groups' performances", "to check on our fluency", or whatever. What I got was something much more insightful and depressing. I do love my students, though.

1 comment:

  1. That's amazing. I really feel like that kid has a future making depressing Swedish films.

    ReplyDelete