Monday, April 12, 2010

ZAP! ZAP!

Today I learned of a new, disturbing, hilarious game that elementary schoolers can play. Now, despite my interest and intense questioning about the game, I am still a little unclear on the rules, so if I get anything wrong or leave something out, please do let me know.

The name of the game, I guess, is "ZAP!". What happens is, a group of boys gets together and they each get assigned a time. Then, they hold out their hand, and the other boys write the names of girls in their classes on their hands. The point is, or at least I am deducing, is to get a date, although when I asked if they thought they were just a bit young to be dating, they said yes. Obviously I just don't understand this game.

Anyway, each boy has until their assigned time to ask out each of the five girls. Whichever girl(s) say yes, they have to take on a date. You can see my confusion again, when it was again reiterated that none of them really wanted to go out with a girl. There was some dispute as well as to how many girls actually needed to be asked. Apparently they didn't review the rules before playing. Some boys said you have to ask all the girls before your allotted time, and whoever has the most girls say yes, wins. Other boys said that you ask until a girl says yes, and if you get no "yeses", then you lose. Here's where more of the confusion really set in.

Also, why is this game called "ZAP!"? Why are they playing this? Why are they telling me about it? What are the rules? What is even going on? How would you like to be girl #5 on any of these hands? Or the parent that has their son come home and tell them that they have to go on 5 dates this weekend? Wha-at?

No comments:

Post a Comment