Monday, August 2, 2010

Another New Chapter

So I am about to begin yet another new chapter of my life. Squeaky and I will soon be moving down to Rochester to a fabulous new apartment a mere 4 miles away from my first teaching job. I am pretty excited.

Things have been a bit rough for a while, but I am hoping Rochester will bring good things for me. I lost my best friend, and I miss him every minute of every day, but maybe a change of scenery will help with that. I've been unemployed for the summer, but that is soon to change as I will be officially working for the Rochester Public School system at the end of this month. I have been living with my parents for quite some time, and I love my parents very much, but I really need a place of my own. Luckily, I have a new, fabulous apartment that overlooks a baseball field and is right by the river. I can walk to the farmer's market, which should be really super exciting.

Packing is a bit of a pain in the neck, but I think it is getting done alright. Many people have stepped up to help me, and I have purchased some awesome used furniture, which will look very nice in my apartment. The manager of my building called this morning, too, and said she but in a new stove. She apologized for it being olive green, but I think that will add character. I mean, sure, every other thing in my kitchen is a very bold color, but I think the green will bring out the color in Squeaky's eyes!

Naturally, if you'd like my new address, I'd be more than happy to share it with friends. Also, I am pretty excited for a constant stream of visitors once I get settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment