Sunday, November 21, 2010

First Date Adventure

I went on a first date last night with another elementary school teacher from the area. We went to the art center, walked around the game store and Barnes and Noble, got a coffee from Starbucks, and just chatted. I had a really good time, and I really like him.

Upsides to the date:
-He was cute.
-We had lots to talk about.
-There was a fair amount of laughing.
-The art center was pretty cool, although some of the art was confusing. There was a pretty cool exhibit inspired by Versailles and Marie Antionette that I really enjoyed. There was also a very interesting piece by this guy who is on a quest to take down the corporate wizard. I need to do some more research on that guy.


Downsides:
-We didn't eat. He asked at 5pm if I was hungry, and I wasn't, but after walking around for a while, I was ready to eat. When I brought it up again, he said he wasn't hungry. We never had dinner. Those of you that know me know that that is bad. I need to eat, or I go a little crazy.
-At the end of the date he said he needed to "process" the date and he'd talk to me later. What is that? What is "process"? Did I read him wrong? Was I having all the fun?

So this is the third first date I've been on in the last couple of months, and this is the only one I really, truly felt like I clicked with the person. But what on Earth does that mean that he needs to "process the date"? Linnea has a theory that either he panicked at the end of the date and said the first thing that came to mind in case I wasn't interested in going out again. Her other theory is that he is a jerk or a tool. At this point, I suppose both are possible. We'll have to wait and see which of her theories are true. Of course there is the possibility we may never know! And I thought we were getting along rather well!

This dating thing is hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment