Thursday, September 8, 2011

An Exciting Operatic Extravagance

I am beyond excited because yesterday I bought tickets for three operas! My seats and show dates were confirmed today!

Last February I attended "La Traviata" performed by the Minnesota Opera at the Ordway in St. Paul with Mr. Sturm. This year, I am going to be attending Mozart's "Cosi Fan Tutte" in October. The seats were ridiculously cheap, and I'm told I may have a somewhat obstructed view since I'm not terribly tall, but whatever! My plan is to bring Mr. Sturm with me again to this opera, and I was informed by the man on the phone that his height will provide him with an excellent view of the stage and the translation screen.

This will probably just give him more ammunition. Despite the fact that I am a little taller than the average female in the United States, people in Minnesota tend to be on the tall side, and Mr. Sturm is no exception. More than once he has brought up my height. Honestly, it would bother me more, but because of the spirit and motive behind the teasing, I kind of enjoy it, actually.

"Cosi Fan Tutte" is not the only opera I will be attending this season. Later on, I will be attending the world premier of "Silent Night" in November and "Madame Butterfly" in April. I was going to get tickets for "Werther", but the lady on the phone was very convincing. She not only talked me out of it, but talked me into "Silent Night". It is in four different languages and should be half decent.

Don't I lead an exciting life? I think so.

2 comments:

  1. Wait until Mr. Sturm meets me. Then he will never tease you about your height again.

    Also, I'm considering attending one of those live Met broadcasts in a movie theatre again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Which one are you going to go see? Will you enjoy popcorn or a hot dog?

    ReplyDelete