Monday, August 30, 2010

Pickle Steak

I am unsure what contributed more to my current level of exhaustion. It was either that really long day of work or the enormous amount of food I ate. Or both. It may have been both.

I just finished devouring my dinner. Last night I did the prep work on my vegetables. I mixed squash, carrots, peppers, potatoes, and onions with some butter, garlic, and a delicious mixture of herbs. Today when I came home, I preheated the oven while I checked my school email, then I put the vegetables in the oven. While they started cooking, I made some pickle steak. I took two thin pieces of round steak, flattened them out a bit more, and rolled them around some cream cheese and a dill pickle. Since the steak was so thin, they fried up pretty fast.

I ate those two pickle steaks and a hearty helping of vegetables while watching a disc of Mad Men on my computer. I completed my meal with a half pint of brownie ice cream.

Now I am in a near food coma, laying on my couch as it gets darker and darker. I’ve got Bend Sinister playing on my computer, and I am trying to muster up the energy to go pick out my clothes for tomorrow and do the rest of my dinner dishes. I’m not going to lie to you, though – I could probably just go to sleep right here right now and not wake up in time to be at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment