Sunday, August 22, 2010

This Just In...

There are many ways for people to get their news these days. You can watch the morning or evening news. Often the local news shows are spotted with adorable local "news" as well. You can also watch CNN or other reputable and serious news programs. Of course there is always shows like the TODAY show or (shudder) The View. Some people, my father among them, enjoy getting their news from the radio. I, too, occasionally like listening to the news between flipping through all the other stations. Although the world has been insisting it is dieing, many people still use the newspaper. I only like the newspaper for the Variety section, or the Sunday Life and Travel section. Really, I'll read any novelty section of the newspaper.

It would be my guess that most people my age get their news from the internet. Many people have a favorite news site or sites that they frequent, or at least check every once and a while. I, however, start at aol.com, then just keep clicking on link after link, reading the interesting headlines at random, googling things for further information.

During my random internet surfing of news stories, I came across this headline from The Union from Western Nevada County in California:
"SWAT team requested for violent midgets"

Is this headline even politically correct? But that aside, I highly recommend the article as a peice of nice, light, afternoon literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment