Friday, May 20, 2011

Because I'm Awesome (#3)

Last night I decided to have a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats in lieu of my usual half pint of ludicrously decadent ice cream. It seems a strange choice to be made voluntarily, I know, but I was really craving those oat-bunches in the cereal. You know they're the best part!

So I go into the kitchen, singing a song to myself quietly - but mostly singing nonsense syllables since I don't know the words - and open the cupboard with the plates and bowls. I choose the orange bowl, take it out, and close the cupboard, then walk over to the shelf to get the honey bunches of oats and pour a healthy sized serving into the bowl. Then I got a tablespoon out, re-evaluated my spoon choice, and decided on a teaspoon instead. Then I went to the fridge, grabbed the milk, and set it on the counter.

This is a riveting story, I know.

I looked at the milk and panicked. Some of the milk was missing! The first thought that popped into my head was, "Who has been drinking the milk?" When I remembered a millisecond later that I live alone and my cat does not have opposable thumbs, I thought rather loudly in my head, "WHO HAS BEEN IN MY APARTMENT?" My heart was beating a little harder. I felt the panic setting in.

Then I remembered that I had had a glass of milk when I got home. I opened the milk. I drank the milk. There was no evidence that someone had been in the apartment without my knowledge, and certainly no evidence that it was a mustached man with an evil grin wearing a bowler hat (as mentioned in my post about perfectly rational, adult fears) had gotten into my home while I was gone.

This whole ordeal probably happened within one second, but it was a pretty intense emotional experience. Maybe I should have stayed with ice cream.

*Vote on the Disney Princess poll. Even if you are male, if you HAD to be a Disney Princess, which would you be?*

No comments:

Post a Comment