Friday, December 3, 2010

Winter Wonderland

I found winter! For all you southern Minnesotans  who thought that I lost it, HA! I found it again. The quickly accumulating mounds of sparkling, white snow are quite beautiful, but it makes driving rather difficult. If you don't have to drive slowly because of the slick conditions, then you get trapped behind the plow.

Also, I forgot that the barometric differences makes kids go crazy. My students had that wild look in their eyes today, and I even scrapped my third grade lesson plans and did an art project with an underlying lesson of appreciation. That almost went better. We can finish editing our essays about what our five senses are experiencing on the moon on Monday.

My happy cat and I are sitting in our pajamas on the couch, now. She seems ecstatic that I have finally returned home after going early to work, then going out right after work. With the heat finally working again, all I have to worry about for the rest of the night is which hot beverage to consume and what DVD to pop in.

In other news, I just got off the phone with a colleague. I forgot I was supposed to call her when I got home so she would know I wasn't stuck in a snow drift somewhere on the highway. Then she recommended I watch this youtube clip:








Ah, American History.

No comments:

Post a Comment