Thursday, February 17, 2011

Results of the "Preferred Grocery Store" Survey

The students may have finally won. Despite the fact that I bit the bullet and got the seasonal/H1N1 combo flu shot this fall, despite the fact that I have even been drinking and eating food with Vitamin C, despite the fact that I have been trying to get a reasonable amount of sleep each night, and despite that against all odds I have accomplished the amazing feat of lasting until the end of February, I may finally be coming down with something. I just need to hold out for a little less than 24 hours, though, because then it is a three day weekend (Thank you America-land for choosing one day a year to celebrate those presidents!)!

Ideally I would like to be healthy for the three day weekend as well, but you do what you have to do. The only symptoms I have right now are fatigue, incredible achiness, a little bit of the chills, and an aversion to any sort of delicious food. But there is no headache, sneezing, coughing, or vomiting yet! I can make it guys! I can do this!

The results of the last survey are as follows:

Cub Foods
  (0%)
Rainbow
 ( 0%)
Target
  (20%)
 
Trader Joe's
  (20%)
 
HyVee
  (0%)
Elsewhere not listed above
  (60%


I must admit that I am again disappointed at the turn out, although my good friend (who happens to be Canadian and houses the other half of my brain) pointed out that my survey was biased towards Americans (or "United Statians" as I like to call us since it makes us sound a bit like space aliens....I have always been a little jealous of "Torontonians".) For this reason, I apologize to all my international readers, ESPECIALLY the Canadians!

But it looks like "None of the Above" won, indicating that some of my Canada-land followers participated anyway. For what it is worth, I do most of my grocery shopping at Target, although it is a dangerous, dangerous place where non-grocery items are irresistibly close to the food. For this reason, I sometimes go to HyVee just to curb any impulse buying or to save time so I don't wander around the store. Also, Trader Joe's is always a nice treat. Their candy and juices are delicious!

Now to be fair to my Canadian friends, please everyone participate in the new survey!

No comments:

Post a Comment