Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Results of "From the Mixed up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler" Survey

This most recent poll was inspired by the children's novel "From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler" by E.L. Konigsburg. Most children read how the youngsters in this novel ran away and deem the adventure too much work. The effort these kids put into living in the Metropolitan Museum of Art is impressive. Even now, as an adult sitting on her couch eating artificially flavored Christmas tree marshmallows, I dream of running away and living undercover somewhere cool.

When I asked you where you would run away to, the results are as follows:

A la "From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler", if you ran away as a kid, where would you live?

The Aquarium
  (14%)
The History Museum
  (57%)
The Science Museum
  (14%)
Orchestra Hall
  (0%)
Chuck E. Cheese
   (14%)


It looks like the History Museum is the winner. It would definitely be interesting to live there, and at night you could touch all those exhibits and artifacts you can't during the daytime. I just want to feel for just one second how that mummy feels!

I am a little disappointed in the person who chose Chuck E. Cheese. Really, friend? Have you been there ever? The place is scary!

Now, if you haven't read the book, I insist you run out and buy it and read it twice in a row.  I can't find the exact book cover from when I first read it as a kid, but here is a similar one on Amazon:

From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler



By the way, I would choose the aquarium. How cool would it be to fall asleep to the sound of waves every night and to watch the whales and penguins whenever you wanted?

2 comments:

  1. In my defense, as the person who chose Chuck E. Cheese, i figured that hiding the ball pit would be reason enough to go. And yeah, I dont give my childhood self much credit--she probably wouldn't have chosen a museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair enough, Lisa! I apologize. Just make sure to bring lots of hand-sanitizer in your back pack!

    ReplyDelete