Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It's SO Hot That.....

The following statements are modeled after "Yo' Mama!" jokes, except they aren't jokes, they are true, and I can say the following sentences as a little white lady without being beaten up or given weird looks.

It is SO hot that.....
  • I have an ice pack shoved down my shirt.
  • even sitting in front of the window air conditioner, my clothes are wet with sweat.
  • I want cupcakes but refuse to turn on the oven.
  • I've gone to the fridge several times just to browse.....but really to feel the cool air.
  • the condensation on the linolium at work actually splashed onto my legs as I walked across the floor.
  • my glasses fogged up as soon as I left my air conditioned car.The heat literally blinded me.
  • I left my lunch dishes in my car while I volunteered this evening, and the remaining eggplant Parmesan baked and crusted onto the sides of the pan and the lid popped off. Now my car smells like burnt eggplant parm.
  • I am actually wondering, sanitary issues aside, how long it would take to cook cupcakes in my car in the garage.
  • school is canceled tomorrow due to extreme heat and unsafe conditions in our building.

No comments:

Post a Comment