Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Last 24 Hours

I have done a lot in the last 24 hours, although it may not seem like it.

*Picked up and wore my new glasses. Only my first graders noticed that I have new glasses, despite the different color and the drastically different style. Not even any of the adults noticed. Or maybe they noticed and they hate them so much, they'd rather not mention them at all....

*Got a new beta fish. He is silver and purple and blue. I also bought him a bright orange plastic plant for his bowl. After spending the night in his cup so that the water in his bowl could come to room temperature, Rosario the fish is now happily swimming around in the front hall.

*Went to Evie's 2nd birthday party. My colleague and friend has the most adorable little girl. I was fortunate enough to get an invitation for her birthday dinner! We had delicious ham soup in bread bowls and lemon cake! Mmm!

*Went to a dance class. In an attempt to be more social and be with people who are not employees of the Rochester Public School District, I am enrolled in more community education classes. I thought swing dancing might even help me meet people in their twenties. While that did not turn out to be true, these people are much more friendly than the folks in the last dance class I took. And they don't mind switching up partners so that I can dance. Also, there are two other single women and one single (I think) guy in the class, so there aren't as many possessive behaviors over partners. There is a pretty awesome guy named Dana who was funny.

*Got kind of felt up. So I haven't been groped or felt up by an adult male in about nine months or so (my first graders have no sense of boundaries. That is a different story, though.) This man was my dance partner for an unreasonably long amount of time, but the instructors kept not calling for partner rotations. He took it upon himself to try to teach me how to get away from a dance partner who was getting too handsy. The beauty of this trick was that he almost had to be too handsy to "teach" me these moves.

*Ate a can of frosting. Oops.

* Went to bed early last night.

*Slept in until 7am this morning. Oops.

*Made ricotta stuffed chicken, which turned out pretty darn delicious, even if it made my kitchen kind of smell like burnt oil. There was nowhere else for me to put the hot pan, and the burners take a long time to cool down, so the oil got a little over cooked.

*Wrote this (pretty lame) blog post.

REMINDER: Vote on the poll! Tell me who your favorite Chess Records artist is! Confused? Need more info? Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment