Monday, January 31, 2011

REAL Adults Eat Popcorn for Dinner

Now that the month of January is nearly over, I hear many other adults asking how they have been faring on their New Year's Resolutions. Not having officially made any, it got me thinking. These people have adult resolutions. I work with them, and my age indicates that I am an adult. But am I really?

Let's examine the evidence:

 
I am an adult.
I am not an adult.
·         I go grocery shopping and buy healthy food such as apples, spinach, cheese, and zucchini.

·         I buy (and even ingest) things like Greek Yogurt.

·         I have a full time job with benefits.

·         I drive a car.


·         I have bills, and I pay them (on time!)


·         I can go out to a movie on a Monday night.

·         I can cook, and do so fairly regularly.

·         I own a set of china.



·         I live in a big person apartment all by myself. I even have an “office”.
·         I saw “The King’s Speech” and enjoyed it.
·         Squeaky is a very healthy example of my ability to take care of another living thing.

·         Usually, I eat pretty healthy and consume fruit, vegetables, dairy, and protein on a regular basis.
·         I impulse buy at the grocery store like crazy and usually end up leaving with something like Hostess cupcakes, Peanuts fruit snacks, or Pizza rolls
·         I cannot eat the Greek yogurt unless the texture is completely disguised by copious amounts of granola and fruit.
·         Part of my full time job includes singing silly songs and drawing with crayons.
·         My car is yellow and full of things like pictures done with crayons and other art projects.
·         I like to seal the letter and envelope to my landlord with a Disney sticker every month.
·         And I DO go out to a movie on a Monday night….
·         But I let the dishes sit in the sink longer than I should.
·         The china was given to me by an older friend who wanted to help me settle into my apartment. She asked what I needed, and I said “cereal bowls”.
·         Sometimes I use my office to draw pictures for school.
·         I also saw “Kung Fu Panda” and loved it.
·         The plants in my kitchen window are awfully sad looking, but I persist in watering them.
·         Sometimes I have popcorn for dinner, ice cream for breakfast, or eat a container of frosting over a less than four day period.

What do you think? Am I an adult? Or am I just an aging child?

No comments:

Post a Comment