Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Results of the Chess Records Survey

I apologize for the delay, but you can relax at last. Below are the results of the Favorite Chess Records Artist Survey. Participation was down again, but I think that might be because I chose a more obscure topic.

Muddy Waters         20%
Chuck Berry             20%
Etta James                20%
Howlin' Wolf            40%
Little Walter               0%
Bo Diddley                 0%

I'll admit that I am surprised Howlin' Wolf won. I would have put money on one of the first three being the most popular. Perhaps it is because of Howlin' Wolf's name? This time I will not cast my individual vote as I am not even sure who I would vote for. I love Etta James, but Muddy Waters is a pretty big deal. And where would we be today without Chuck Berry?

In other musical news, I went to the MN Orchestra this weekend and quite enjoyed it. They were performing Mozart's "The Magic Flute". While the singing was in German (with subtitles of course), in this production they translated the speaking parts into English, which  was actually ok. Heart of the Beast Puppet Theatre did the puppets to go along with the show, and they were awesome, if not a little nightmare-inducing, as usual.

The only thing is that I forgot that "The Magic Flute" was so long! It was well done, funny, interesting to watch, and all, but I got home to Rochester rather late, which was too bad. Worth it, though.

I think my favorite Heart of the Beast Puppets would have to be the little woodland dancing animals from the first act. There were two skunks that were dancing that were pretty hilarious. If you would like more information on this particular group, you can visit their website.

Now I am looking for someone to accompany me to the opera this spring. Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment