Thursday, March 17, 2011

Results of the "Preferred Cake" Poll

The following are the results from the preferred cake survey. I realize that I did leave off some delicious types of cake, as well as some fantastic cake-frosting combinations, and more than one of you let me know. Please note, however, that the question does not ask for your favorite type of cake. It just asks which on the list you happen to prefer. The results are as follows:

What kind of cake do you prefer?

All Chocolate
  (25%)
Yellow Cake with White Frosting
  (12%)
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
  (25%)
Spice Cake
  (0%)
Coffee Cake
  (0%)
All Cake is Good
  (37%)
Pie
  (0%)


Personally, I like chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, and that is what I insist my grandmother make for my birthday every year I am celebrating in Minnesota. There was one year, however, that I had a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, and I have no regrets there. So I can't say I am surprised that carrot cake and all chocolate cake had the same number of votes.

I'd like to say I would have clicked "All cake is good.", but to be honest, that is not how I feel. I can't describe it here, but I've had some pretty bad cake in my day. Almost all cake is good though. How about that pineapple upside down cake? And chocolate cake with raspberry mousse? That's right. Delicious.

In other news, I went to the Minnesota Zoo today with my third graders, and it was so much fun. I think I may have had as much if not more fun than the five girls in my group. We touched sea stars! And we walked the entire circuit outside! And we got to touch sharkskin and leopard shark eggs! Also, we went to a class on sharks, and I had to stifle my laughter and sometimes pretend like I was coughing. The woman was trying to explain the different ways sharks can reproduce, and the looks on the kids' faces and what I imagined to be going on in their head was hilarious!

Three cheers for the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment