Friday, March 4, 2011

TENNIS! Again.

Because I just can't be humiliated enough, I eagerly signed up for the next 5 weeks of tennis lessons at Rochester Tennis Connection. On a new night, at a new time, on a new court, and with new classmates, this time will be as much of an adventure as the first.

Our new tennis instructor did not even tell us his name, so I have no idea what to call him. Tennis Instructor Mark is also at this session, but I guess on Fridays he takes the advanced group. Either that or he saw that Ivy Purple Shoes and I were registered again and bribed the other man to take the beginner group. Ivy Purple Shoes was gone today, but there is a gal a couple of years younger than me named Christine, a fierce racquetball player, a very timid but nice woman, and Maggie, my colleague from work.

The good news is that I am not the worst one. While certainly not "good" by even the most liberal definition, I at least occasionally hit it in bounds and over the night. Score for me! We also played a game with the advanced group, and my partner totally carried the team. Still, I made a couple of points and we were the "Kings of the Court" for quite a while.

Maggie kept hitting it into the lights, so I suggested that we keep track of how many times she hits the light. Maybe if she can hit it ten times in one night, we should go out for ice cream. Once she gets this whole tennis thing down, though, she's going to be much, much better than me. I have to really savor this time when we have equal tennis abilities.

Now it is Friday night again at 9pm, and I am already so wiped out from my full day at work, running errands, and then playing tennis, that I came right home, did some dishes, and made a cup of tea. I don't even want to take a shower tonight. I have a pain au chocolat out to rise over night, and that will be my incentive to get up early enough to do some minor cleaning around the house and take a nice leisurely shower before my weekend of multiple birthday festivities begins!

Also, if you are looking for a funny read, might I recommend this post by Non-Sequidurr?

*Now vote on the poll! Do it! Otherwise, how will I know what your guys' favorite season is?*

No comments:

Post a Comment