Monday, June 13, 2011

Because I'm Awesome (#4)

After going for a five mile walk to, from, and around Quarry Hill, I returned home to eat pie and drink iced tea while enjoying the company of my cat.

But then I got hot, so I took off my jeans and put on a pair of boxers. But I was still hot, so I took off my shirt. But then it became night time and it got a little cooler outside, which means I got kind of cold. That led me to the decision that I needed to create a toga-like garment out of the blanket I keep on the couch.

But you can't sit in the couch in a bra, men's boxers, and a blanket toga and do nothing. Naturally I am watching sub-par television (specifically "27 Dresses", commercials and all). Since I work with children and my job changes gears every 30 minutes or so, I have developed some pretty heavy-duty adult onset ADD tendencies, so I can't just watch TV. I am also reading the earliest posts from Hyperbole and a Half and having a snack.

It was there, sitting in a fleece toga, watching a terrible romantic comedy on my couch with the computer in my lap, licking the inside of the Pringles container that I was reminded how awesome I am. (That's right. I was licking the salty crumbs right out the Pringles wrapper.)

No comments:

Post a Comment