Monday, June 6, 2011

Exploring Southern Minnesota

I love to travel and go on little adventures. You probably remember me telling you about the Protagitron's and my awesome trip to Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe in Seattle, Washington. It was incredible. I love doing things like that.

On a teacher's salary, however, and the fact that I work 60 hour weeks (usually, sometimes a little less, oftentimes a lot more) while only getting paid for 40 of those hours, it can be difficult to find the funds and time for the kind of grand adventures I have envisioned. So, I have decided to still go on adventures, but to make the most of my summer by exploring what I have right here.

What I have right here is Southeastern Minnesota*, and it turns out there is quite a bit to do here.

  1. Mystery Cave, Forrestville
  2. Niagra Cave, Harmony
  3. Downtown Lanseboro
  4. Mayowood Mansion, Rochester
  5. Zollman Zoo and Oxbow Park,  Byron
  6. Trout Run, Fillmore County
  7. Spam Museum, Austin
  8. Honkers game, Rochester (I can see them from my yard!)
  9. Roosters game, Rochester
 There's of course more I would like to see, but I only have two months, and I will be working full time, so I feel like this is already pretty ambitious. I will be going to one of the caves first. With that decision made, I just need to pick a date, time, and someone willing to drive out to go into a cave. Caves are cool, right?

As a reminder, don't forget to go to the Disney website and take this quiz so that you can participate in my survey!

*I already wrote about this a while back, but hadn't done as much research then. Now I know what I want to do, and I will make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment