Wednesday, June 22, 2011

BOOGERS! (And Monkey Brains!)

As you probably know, I am super mature and very adult-like. That is why I have a full time job, pay taxes, own an honest-to-goodness couch, and wake up in the morning sometimes even when I don't have to. I even vacuum and mop on a fairly regular basis without anyone telling me to do so. What I am trying to tell you is that I am very grown up.

What I am not, however, is mature. You may also recall that I eat popcorn sometimes for second dinner, I think Scrabble Sentence Game for Juniors is amazing, I lick ice cream off my pants, and sometimes I have to refrain from yelling out "boogers" in a meeting when I am put on the spot and don't really have anything intelligble to say.

If I yell out "boogers", they will probably be so surprised that they will not realize that I actually had nothing of substance to add to the discussion. Better yet, maybe they won't put me on the spot anymore. So far I have managed to refrain, but it has taken a lot of self-control, and it is really a matter of time before I stand up in a meeting full of important administrators and yell out "BOOGERS AND MONKEY BRAINS!" before fleeing the premises.

Yeah. I'm totally going to get hired back for next year.

Anyway, point is - very grown-up, not so mature.  This has been very evident in my recent family trip to the beach. I've been spending my time on a variety of leisure activites, including (but certainly not limited to) those listed below. See if you can sort them in to "grown-up" and "not-as-mature-as-she-ought-to-be"!

  • Reading Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey and laughing out loud at the humor
  • Playing catch on the beach
  • Playing Trivial Pursuit Junior
  • Riding bikes on the beach
  • Reading a Percy Jackson book
  • Cooking
  • Tracking sand into the house
  • Boogie Boarding
  • Being beaten up by waves but being too stubborn to call it quits and instead persist in being extremely unattractive on the beach in front of attractive young men near my age
  • Not caring that I look like a wreck
  • Remembering to constantly apply sunscreen
  • Remembering to drink lots of water
  • Chasing crabs on the beach and laughing at their funny running legs! Shining flashlights on them so they freeze
  • Warning other people's children about jellyfish and careless fishermen who might hook them on their lines
  • Taking naps
  • Beating my 13 year old sister in a game and feeling good about it

No comments:

Post a Comment